Saturday, December 11, 2010

Salads: Everybody Eat them : )

When you can't remember the last time you've had a Salad ~ well it's time enough right then & there.

This Struck me today - I need a Salad. its been a while, due to an illness & a car accident; but now I'm driving around again & have more energy to chop up veggies for half an hour.

SO even tho I love going overboard on my list of ingredients in my Salads (I make them huge meals!), Its very refreshing to go Simple.

Spinach & Parsley; 4 handfuls chopped in my 'chop chop' salad style
Green Onions, 2
Cherry Tomatoes; 6 halved
Avocado, 1
Oils (Hemp & Flax) & Vinegars (10yrs aged Balsamic & Bragg's Apple Vinegar)
Celtic Sea Salt
Black Pepper

All above are Organic, except for the onions which were on sale.

I LOVE a good knife and a thick block of bamboo wood.

Eating a huge salad drenched with the combo of Healthy Fats & Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother!) always satiates my hunger right then... and then kicks my metabolism up a notch and I need to eat again! (as in needing to eat again sooner!)

How I Remedy this: BROWN RICE : )
((((ALWAYS have some cooked brown rice in the fridge ---> I use it as a healthy "fast" food for breakfast/lunch/dinner/dessert.))))))

I would layer my lunch container as follows: Bottom- 1 cup Brown rice layer; Middle- "wet" ingredients (sauces, tomatoes); Top- Lettuce Leaves.

YUM : ) and it helps me go for longer. Every person's body is unique ~ mine works best with Fruits &Vegetables, Complex Carbs, Fats, and Proteins. {That was in Order from MOST Often Used -> Least Used}... Although I always debate on if I have a higher ratio of Fat intake than my Carbs - at least when it comes to Caloric intake. for some reason, I consume a large amount of fats. its like my body craves it, is hungry for it; and feels nourishes afterwards. People are usually aghast when they see me eat multiple Avocados, Coconut Cream/Oil, Nuts, other Oils, etc. but its not like Im piling down the "cooked" fats (french fries) nor the "fake" fats (hydrogenated Trans Fats).

I have read a lot of peoples concepts on 'minimizing' your food intake for optimal health.

I have always eaten masses amounts of food. at least its mostly healthy : )

I also think that when your body is more stressed out - you need more nutrition to make up for the pitfalls. like if your drinking alcohol or coffee ~ or eat that occasional slice of pizza! I always find the need to eat more during those times.

; ) i Love my salads!


No comments:

Post a Comment